We hope that your 2020 has started well. As the WHO has recently declared coronavirus to be a pandemic we thought it would be a good time to review the signs and symptoms of coronavirus, steps to assist with prevention, and what your team at Columbia PT InMotion is doing to help prevent spreading the disease.
The progression of coronavirus begins with a sore throat for 3-4 days. After that, it begins to affect nasal fluid which enters the trachea/lungs causing pneumonia. With pneumonia, the person develops difficulty with breathing and a fever.
The main symptoms of the coronavirus are fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
What can we do to protect ourselves?
1. WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in public, coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. Using soap and water is superior to hand sanitizer but if no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick
4. If you feel sick - STAY HOME
5. Cover all cough/sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow and discard the tissues immediately - wash your hands after a sneeze/cough
6. If you are sick - wear a facemask. You DO NOT need to wear a facemask if you are not sick unless you are caring for someone who is sick
7. Clean/Disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
What is your team at Columbia PT InMotion Doing?
1. Constant hand washing for both providers and the patient's pre and post-session or after a
2. Disinfecting all equipment/tables after each patient use throughout the entire day
3. Hand sanitizer placed throughout the entire clinic in multiple locations
4. Not coming to work if they feel sick
We recognize that these are trying times. Let's all take steps to work together to keep each other as safe as possible. We appreciate and thank you for your continued support and trust as your preferred physical therapy provider! Stay safe!